- We're Hiring
- What we do
- We are different
- Need help?
- Submit a Support Ticket
©1994 - 2020 Miller Waite Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Registered in England No. 3182912
Miller Waite specialises in functional financial applications and process automation. We design and develop mission-critical applications using a structured appraised approach, supported by an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System. The Company is well established, secure, stable and successful.
This role is to join our successful and highly skilled team to continue the development of our own in-house financial management information system, mimis, which already delivers business critical financial functions to multiple external clients, whose expectations and requirements capitalise on the benefits of such a feature rich resource.
As a software developer you will be responsible for designing and coding to the specific requirements of the Company and its clients.
- To design and code bespoke software applications / programs to a given specification.
- Evaluate and develop existing applications / programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification.
- Maintain applications, programs and systems by monitoring, troubleshooting and correcting configuration / software defects and faults.
- Investigate and test new technologies and update existing software applications, supporting the 'roll-out' of any new applications.
- Create technical specifications, test plans and procedural documentation.
Core languages, applications and environment:
- Programming language: C#
- Databases: MySQL, Microsoft SQL
- Version control: GIT, SVN
- Server configuration: Linux
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise busy work loads.
- Communicate clearly, openly and effectively with customers and colleagues.
- At least 2 years' experience in software development using C#
Person specific attributes
We are looking for experienced individuals, who can manage their own workload as well as making contributions to the team.
You must be someone who has ideally designed and definitely coded software applications, preferably financial, to external customers. You will have experience or an understanding of Financial Software Applications, Management Information Systems (MIS) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
You will be familiar with the Software Development cycle.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven experience software development in C#
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Accountancy or a similar technical degree
- Strong secondary education in Maths, Physics and / or other numerate subjects
- Demonstrable software design methodology with in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques
- Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into everyday activity
- Comfortable with highly numeric applications
- Demonstrate a proactive approach, getting things done, demonstrates accountability & ownership, prioritises own workload
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and forward-thinking individual. If you feel you are suitable or would like to discuss this opportunity further, please get in touch.