- We're Hiring
- What we do
- We are different
- Need help?
- Submit a Support Ticket
©1994 - 2020 Miller Waite Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Registered in England No. 3182912
Miller Waite Statement - COVID-19
Miller Waite Limited takes a broad approach to service continuity, including potential effects of an outbreak such as COVID-19. While there is currently no foreseen impact to Miller Waites operation of our services, we wanted to provide some detail regarding our preparedness should the situation change.
Miller Waite has a comprehensive business continuity program, including the provision of a Disaster Recovery suite.
Specific to COVID-19, we are providing an outline of key preparedness activities to ensure continued service delivery during this event. The three areas of focus during any situation that challenges normal operations are as follows
- Impact to systems - does the event have a potential impact on our systems used to deliver our and support?
- Impact to location - are the locations from which we deliver and support service effected and what is our response?
- Impact to people - are we prepared should there be impact to the individuals responsible for delivering service to our customers?
While the following provides the high-level efforts in each of these areas, there are significantly more activities that relate to our business continuity efforts for our helpdesk, backup services and support that are beyond the scope of this communication.
Impact to systems
First and foremost there are no known impacts to Miller Waite services. Heightened awareness is in place for the following areas:
- Service scale and operations - One of the benefits of having multiple locations is the ability to scale dynamically, including utilization of our many communication, reallocation of resources between services, and redistribution of load.
- Supporting systems - A general principle of our service operations is the ability to perform remote management and administration. We see no effect to our ability to manage the systems used to support you, and have confirmed adequate capacity for staff to work remotely at scale.
- Onsite Business Continuity Services to our customers. Following the lead from the Government, we have identified having engineers on the road, visiting many of our customers, could inadvertently spread Covid-19 or putting them at an increased risk. We are taking measures to ensure that this service to our customers continues effectively by providing our service remotely where possible.
Impact to location
Our services are designed for remote administration; however, we wanted to provide specific details around support of the service should Miller Waite Employees be constrained to work from home.
- Miller Waite employs a business continuity approach to administering our services. Each engineering resource has the ability to securely administer and provide our services without direct access to our business locations.
- Miller Waite maintains a disaster recovery office at a separate, isolated location and we will be providing our helpdesk services across both of these locations with our usual employees who are capable of maintaining and managing the service.
As we are one of the largest providers of IT services in the area we have the capability of ensuring continued operations with multiple subject matter experts in each discipline, with multiple locations being a consideration.
- Employees responsible for managing the service all have access to needed resources to work from home or our offices.
- Key employees are ready to provide an on-call service allowing for sustained support should issues arise and ensures that all of our resources are available should individuals fall ill.
While Miller Waite puts the safety and well-being of its employees at the forefront, our "defense-in-depth" approach is expected to allow for uninterrupted service operation should the virus spread significantly.
We will update our customers should the situation change.
Actions you can take
- Follow a similar program to the above?ensuring consideration for your systems, people and work locations.
- If you do have or need or an increase in remote work, ensure your organization's network is prepared by contacting us, where we are ready to assist with scaling these services for you if required.
To understand further how we are minimising the risk to business and our customers, please see here how we plan to continue to support you.Business Continuity Plan